Gift Wrap Booth Volunteers... several different roles available....
Project Hawai'i, Inc. is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers and solely supported by public donations.
We are hosting a volunteer run GIFT WRAP BOOTH that will be BY DONATIONS... so no set price for wrapping gifts. Our hope is that the VOLUNTEER- YOU!!! will explain the program (we will have a short statement to say) of what we do while wrapping the gifts and create interest from the customer to want to support our homeless children and make a donation... This is a wonderful opportunity for those who want to make a difference!!
We have a few different opportunities besides wrapping presents for someone who would like to take on a larger role to further help with this awesome opportunity.
We have partnered with the NEW Ohana Hale Marketplace on Ward Ave (the old Sports Authority) to have this wonderful opportunity to help our homeless children and achieve our goals for Christmas.
1. Gift Wrappers:
1. Each shift should have 2-3 people per 3 hour shift and they will be wrapping gifts, talking with the customer, and accepting the donations. I can provide hints and ways to easily wrap odd shape gifts, soft gifts, etc... but one should be pretty good at wrapping...
2. Volunteer gift wrappers also need to provide a few rolls of wrap, your own scissors, and bring extra tape, ribbon/bows etc. While we will have stock, we are not sure how busy a shift might be and you don't want to be unprepared. We do find that COSTCO WRAP is the VERY BEST and least expensive. It does not tear as easily and is easier to wrap... plus it is cheaper than any other wrap...
3. While we want to support FAMILY volunteering... this is a serious commitment, so asking that those who wish to have their children assist to prepare them for what is expected.
4. HIGH SCHOOL Students.. While we will allow for high school students to attend, they must be in small groups of 2-3 persons and HAVE AN ADULT supervisor at all times!
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not have wonderful gift wrapping skills please visit our volunteer page for more opportunities!!
ANOTHER NOTE: if you are SHY, or don't wish to interact with the public in a high energy level, please do NOT Sign up... this is a very SOCIAL INTERACTIVE position. There are other opportunities available for you on our volunteer page
2. BOOTH Decorator: We are looking for someone who can come and decorate our booth when we set up. (this date is still to be determined) Our goal is to make the booth look festive and inviting while displaying our banners. Volunteer needs to bring decorations, such as garland, lights, decoration material.. This is a wonderful way to have your friends help with making small donations of excess decoration supplies.
3. Volunteer Coordinator/Open/Close: Not really sure exactly what the whole role would be, but basically I am not able to be at all the event dates due to other outreach and fundraisers, so I would love a person to set up the booth for opening at 9:30 a.m. (put the table in place, set up gift wrap, etc) and greet the morning volunteer. Have a short orientation with morning shift so that those volunteers can orientate next shift, etc... then possibly be there to close at 5:45p.m., or show someone how to close and secure our materials, etc...
This can be TWO different people, an open volunteer and close volunteer?
4. Are you CRAFTY or make Gift Wrap Toppers, Small cards, etc? Would you like to make a dozen or so Gift toppers, gift cards, or even pre-made curly bows etc to put on toppers for our customers... of course they would have an added donation to help our homeless children... ideas? We would love to have you.
Groups, Clubs, Companies, etc can use their own logo t-shirts to advertise your support in the community. However, RULES STATE NO actual advertising or solicitation of YOUR business is permitted. NO MARKETING!
We do have Project Hawai'i, Inc special Holiday "Believe" red shirts that can be purchased for $20 made available for you if you choose. Please email me with your size needed. Donation secures a child's holiday meal and cost of shirt.
COMPANIES that wish to add your logo to our event shirts which are worn all holiday season at all events by volunteers from Dec. 1-24 please contact us asap... deadline is Nov. 18th donation is $99.
VOLUNTEER SHIFTS FOR GIFT WRAPERS:
Dec. 13th Friday- Dec. 16th Sunday, Dec. 21st Friday- Dec. 24th Christmas Eve.
10:a - 1:p, 1:p-4:p, 4:p- 6:30p
BOOTH DECORATOR: TBA most likely Dec. 4th or 6th...
PLEASE ARRIVE 5-10 minutes prior to shift to receive overview for relief shift volunteers and to get settled...