Help Scoop Out Homelessness Event.
Mahalo for learning more about our program and how you can help to make a difference in the lives of homeless children.
Volunteer opportunities will range from scooping ice-cream to helping customers choose a flavor, or talking about our program to help the sales of the waffle cones (which is where we make our donations from). We are also hoping to have a topping bar to run (will need a coordinator to help with this as well)
We are in need of 4-5 volunteers per location per shift. This means if you are a group, you will need to split into smaller numbers. Families with children 9+ can also attend and will not be counted as a volunteer towards final count. So a family with two adults and 2 children are counted as two volunteers, and we still need 2-3 more people for that shift for regulations.
Ben & Jerry's Free Ice-Cream Scoop day is April 10th - Tues. All volunteers will be required to wear a t-shirt and Project Hawai'i is responsible for providing said shirts. We are asking a donation of $10 per shirt, and still looking for company sponsors to add their logo to help with the costs.
LOCATIONS: Windward Mall in Kane'ohe and Ward Center in Honolulu
TIME/SHIFTS: 11a-10p / Shifts are 11a-3:00p, 2:30p-6:30p, 6:00-10P
If you would like to help even further to make this event a success, we are seeking the following volunteers who can help before and/or during the event:
1. Volunteer to help secure company sponsorships for the event t-shirts ($99. sponsorship for company logo)
2. Volunteers to help secure topping for the topping bar... gummy bears, m & m's, mini candies, sprinkles, etc.
3. Volunteer to help coordinate volunteers at the event for WARD CENTER. This person would arrive at 10:30 to help get ready for the first shift, t-shirt hand out and short orientation of our program and how this event works. Then would help supervise the volunteers to assure everyone is doing their best and working efficiently. Would consider breaking this shift to 10:30a-3:00 and second 2:30-10p.
4. Topping Bar Host: Someone who can bring a table and set up the bar, assist with the volunteers
5. Instagram/Social Media Shout- Out photo booth... to help those take photos with their WAFFLE CONES with our cutout and post on their site. We will have a contest or those who tag Project Hawai'i, Inc and #Scoopouthomelessness
This event has the potential to not raise funds for our summer educational programs for our homeless children but to create the awareness in the community. We are excited to be chosen as this years charity and hope you will help to make it a success!